Sunday, June 28, 2009

Camping and other Stuff from the last 2 weeks

Time to play catch up again. I feel like we've hardly been home the last 2 weeks and when we have, we've been running. So here's another picture overload for you all.

This is Emma's new bed. It was going to be for her birthday but I wanted to get it set up, so it was a little early. I LOVE that we were able to reclaim some of the space in there room since we can store the big toys under it and the kids love the bed. They have a blast playing in the fort underneath. And the best part...it was FREE! Someone was giving it away on Craigslist so we grabbed it and then Jon's parents gave us a mattress that they were going to get rid of. We used bedding we already had, though I'm sure we'll get something cuter soon. (I also need to move the cedar chest out of there) So, it was completely free. I love it!

Jon took the next 2 pictures by the flowers outside our house.


The weekend before last all of Jon's siblings were home so we headed out to spend time with them. Saturday we went to the park.

Matthew and cousin Owen swinging.

We played with this stretchy thing. Everybody needs one of these. They are pretty fun. Look at all the possibilities...
Throwing babies in the air

I don't know what they were trying to do...whatever it was it didn't work and Jon face planted pretty hard.

The slingshot

Good times!
We also attempted to fly kites, but the wind wasn't quite strong enough.


Emma went "fishing" in the pond at the park.

It was a fun morning but the babies were ready for naps so we headed home and had some yummy Chinese for lunch.

The main reason for our visit was to see all of Jon's siblings in their Showbiz show. It was a lot of fun and they all did great.



This is a fort that was built in the backyard. The kids played out there forever.

I know this picture is blurry but I thought it was hilarious. The glasses are awesome!

Last week I had Emma pick an animal that she wanted to learn about. She chose jellyfish so we checked out some jellyfish books and have been learning all about them. This is a jelly fish that Emma drew.

This last weekend we went camping with Jon's family. We went to Bass Lake, just outside of Yosemite. What was supposed to be a 3 1/2 hour drive turned out to be 6. We stopped to eat dinner and while we were stopped Emma got sick. We debated going home but after getting some medicine decided to go on. We also got lost trying to find the camp. So, it was a long drive and we were so happy to be there.

We thought this sign was funny

We don't have many pictures from the camping trip, except from the times we went swimming. I need to get them from Jon's mom.

The first beach we stopped at was pretty gross. Emma wouldn't get off this rock because there were scummies in the water.

Attempting to make a raft. Unfortunately it didn't work.


This was the next beach we went to...much better.



Matthew fell asleep pretty soon after we got there and slept most of the time we were there.


This was the third beach we went to. It was so pretty there.

This rock was awesome to jump off.

And again, Matthew fell asleep right after we got there and slept most of the time.


We camped for 2 nights which was just enough. It was really hot the whole time, so we loved having the lake there. We also really enjoyed just visiting and hanging out. It was a great weekend.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Must be hard having so many fabulous places to choose from! :) Looks like a fun couple of weeks! Also, Emma is so talented! Her drawings seem really advanced for her age. Benjamin is just starting to trace over my lines, but he still won't draw something like this on his own.

I hope you figured out what to do for Emma's birthday. I'm sure she'll love whatever you get her!

Melinda said...

I'm very impressed with Emma's jellyfish! Looks like you had lots of fun camping and being with family. Fun two weeks! Happy birthday to Emma!

Rachel Holloway said...

Sarah--I read this and read it again...and all I could think to say was that I miss you.

While I am glad you are having a blast, I just wish we were there with you guys!

Kathy Whittle said...

The camping trip looked like great fun! Ditto on the comment about having so many great choices to choose from. Maybe we'll try our hand at camping again this year....

Larsen's said...

Great post! I liked the camping part...I am going to be brave and go camping with my family later this month. Wish me luck! (I am more of a Marriott kind of gal...)