As many of you know Sarah and the kids went out of town last Friday and will be visiting Utah/Idaho Friends and Family for the next 3 weeks. I will be flying out to join them for a few days the last week.
Because her and the children are gone, today in Sacrament meeting I actually got to listen to the talks, which were of course about Mothers. It got me to thinking about all the Mothers in my life and how thankful I am for them. So here's to you Mom's. Thank you for all you do for me, your love and nurture has made me a better man.
Without further adue (and in no particular order), here they are:
My Mother
Debbie Farrell

Mom, you will always be the ultimate definition of the word "Mother" to me. You have raised me up in light and truth and always given me the best you could. It didn't matter how late I would stay up trying to finish school projects, you would always be up with me. You were one of my best friends during my high school years, years when most teens estrange their parents. You have always been in touch with how I felt and were always there to talk. Thank you is a shallow expression compared to the gratitude I have for you.
The Mother of My Children
Sarah Farrell

One of my top priorities in looking for a spouse was that she wanted to be and would be a good Mother. It became very clear to me very early on in our courtship that Sarah had these qualities. Her patience and understanding are un-matched and her love for little children is boundless. Sarah gives so much of her time to others and is one of the most compasionate people I know. Her quiete personality and healing words have often been the bandages to not only my children's cuts a bruises but my own invisible wounds.
My Mother in Law
Annette Hiatt

Annette you are a gem of a mother in Law. In a world where mother in laws get a bad reputation you are a beacon of hope to the species! :) All joking aside, Annette you are a second mother to me and a blessing to mine and my children's lives. You are so incredibly talented and enthusiastic. Thank you for all you do. In a sea of kids and grandkids thank you for making time to visit and share with us your love.
GrandMother (Mom's side)
Reah Niblett

Grandma I have always loved your smile. Ever since I was a little kid you have made me feel warm and safe with the your joyful grin. You have always been a cool grandma and have never grown old at heart. I smile to think of the fun activities that you always plan for the grandkids and the lengths you go to, to make them happy. I thank you for the efforts you have gone to in preserving your history for posterity through the "Grandma remembers tapes" (I need to put those on CD, before tapes become completely obselete!) . I love you and Grandpa for all your sacrifice and love.
GrandMother (Dad's Side)
Trudy Hadley

Grandma I miss you. Your zest for life and your joy in your family will always be the way I remember you. You never stopped running it seams, your energy was boundless. I remember when you would come and visit and we would just get in the car and drive. We drove all over the East Coast, exploring Maine, New York, Massachusetts, and many other places. Your home was a workshop, filled with treasures: handcrafted dolls, blankets, croqueted items, and paintings. Your talents were inspiring. You gave so much in your life and got very little in return. I know that where you are you continue to give, you are an exemplar of service and charity.
Great GrandMothers
I have three great GrandMothers still living! They are each amazing people and I have been so grateful to have had the chance to meet and know them. They each continue to be vibrant and amazingly sharp.
Granny (my Great GrandMother : my Mom's Dad's Mom)

Grandpa Niblett, Me, Mom with Emma, and Granny
Grandma Farrell (my Great GrandMother: my Dad's Dad's Mom)

Dad and Grandma Farrell at Grandpa Farrell's Funeral (her son).
Grandma Martin ( My Great GrandMother: My Dad's Mom's Mom)

Me with Emma, My Dad, and Grandma Martin
I only know of my Mother's Mom's Mom through the history that my Grandma Niblett has recorded. I am grateful that she has given me the memories of her mother so that I could know her too. She had a difficult life. Her name was Myra LongHurst.
3 comments:
What a very sweet post!
That was super sweet Jon. I think that it was great to hear your heartfelt thanks for the moms in your life!
What a beautiful post, Jon!
Post a Comment