We watched Jon's little sisters this weekend. On Saturday they wanted to make a movie so we put together a rock band called Loaded Waste Bins, and they made a music video.
Emma came up to me after they got her dressed and said, "Mommy, I'm a rockstar!"
Emma came up to me after they got her dressed and said, "Mommy, I'm a rockstar!"

And our lead singer Jenny, who also came up with the band name
It was a fun movie making afternoon. I wish I could post the video because it's hilarious.Sunday we celebrated Matthew's birthday. It's not until next week but we wanted to celebrate before we left, since Jon won't be with us on Matthew's actual birthday.
This was the cake Jon and I made. I love how it turned out and it was so easy to do.

He REALLY wanted the cake

Emma blew out his candle for him

And he dug right in.
What a mess!
Emma knew where the hole was and kept sticking her hand in and yelling, "Look, there's candy in it!"

Happy (almost) birthday Matthew! I can't believe he's (almost) one.Saturday night Jenny really wanted to have a bonfire, so we borrowed a fire pit, roasted marshmallows, and Jon told scary stories.


Now for the "Other Randomness"...
When it's too cold to swim, we call our pool a puddle and splash in it.
Saturday...or maybe this was the Saturday before last...we took Emma to the Lowe's build and grow clinic again, where they made hang gliders. She loved it again, especially wearing the huge goggles and her apron.
Friday we went out on a little date. We had been planning on playing croquet and then going bowling. We got to the park and it was freezing so we hurried and played croquet and then went to the bowling alley, where we found out you can't just pay for a game...you have to rent a lane for an hour...and that was just too expensive. So, we headed to Barnes and Noble and got hot chocolate and looked around. I love bookstores. I could spend all day there and never get bored. I just wish we had a little money tree and I could actually buy all the fun books I want. Anyway, to finish off our date, we picked up the game Boggle and a movie and headed home.
KMart has these shopping carts with tv's in them. Sometimes when we're really bored we go shopping there just to let the kids ride in it. It's great.
Emma has gotten really funny lately. She loves striking up conversations with adults everywhere we go and will talk to them about everything. We had to go get an oil change yesterday and while we waited we went and got some lunch and went to the store. We were at KFC and I was about to order, when Emma stood up in the stroller and yelled nicely to the cashier, "I want chicken and soda!" Then she just stared at him waiting for his response...but he was a little speechless.Then we went to the store. I let Emma get a candy bracelet. We were in line and it was almost our turn. Emma walked up to the counter, set the bracelet down, looked at the cashier and said loudly, "Can I pay for this so I can eat it?"
Maybe you had to be there, but it was really funny. She cracks me up.
Anyway, I should get to packing...so much to do before tomorrow!











4 comments:
How fun! Happy almost birthday, Matthew. I love how you guys are always doing fun things. I need to be more like you.
I can't wait until you get here! I am so excited!
So where are you going? I can't believe Matthew is 1 already either! His cake is SO cute!
Wow, Matthew is a year already?! Happy Birthday!!! Have a safe and fun trip...can't wait to read all about it on your blog...
Post a Comment